Tuesday 10 April 2012

Penang Day 2: Enjoying the tram ride up the Penang Hill


I was waiting quite a while for bus 204 at Komtar bus station to Penang Hill.  A bus map at the station provides a good reference on what bus to take.  A one way ticket costs RM2 to Penang Hill and you alight at the last stop.



Entrance to Tram Station

The tram ride costs RM30 return.  I was informed the current tram system was recently being replaced.















The joy of visiting Penang Hill would be the tram ride up the hill.  This time was no exception.



I last visited Penang Hill probably over 25 years ago, so I was excited to visit again.  I did not have much memory of the place.  The sky was still bright when I arrived at the top of the hill.


There was a lot of construction going on.  It seemed that the authority would be planning several recreational facilities there.

I have no recollection there was an Indian temple and a Mosque during my last trip here.






This is the former Craig Hotel that shared the same owners as Raffles Hotel.   There was not much to see inside the building.





There is a Monkeycup Garden nearby which I visited.  (see separate blog entry)

The sky was getting darker and it was time to descend the hill.



It was still a pleasant trip to Penang Hill, after a lapse of many years.  Hopefully the next visit would see more attractions on the hill.




No comments :

Post a Comment